JEM Swim Awards
Stanley SUPER STAR
JEM Beginners Plus
Beginners Plus Class
This JEM class will prepare students for Stanley Super Star Status! All the skills aquired in the Stanley series will be deployed to achieve this Stanley Level 8 award. New swimming distances of 10mtrs on both front and back are also required to make this level of attainment skill and a display of pool independance by going back to the changing room alone.. Greater water confidence and self trust skills will be apparent. This class level will accomodate children into JEM swimming classes with the teacher in the pool for the entire class. A child learning to swim should be both fun and educational. We believe the best way to achieve this is to create safe environments in which children can be introduced to the water whilst having fun and by providing a progressive learn to swim programme that is both challenging and rewarding.
Class Skills Set
- Answer 4 water safety questions
- Push and glide into a confident 10-metre swim
- Push and glide or swim, travel through a submerged hoop, retrieve an object, and return to poolside
- Use a float and kick on the front to collect 4 floating objects that are scattered around the pool. Return to poolside
- Swim 2 metres on back, rolling over horizontally to swim 2 metres on front, rolling over horizontally to finish with a back star float
- Push and glide from poolside on the back and kick for 2 metres, tuck up and roll forward on the vertical to swim back to poolside
- Kick for 5 metres on the back, balancing a toy on a float
- Jump into the water, swim to a raft (play raft) and climb onto it to sit down
- Jump into the water, tread water while turning around, swim back to poolside
- Exit the pool safely – over the poolside if possible or as the pool environment dictates – and continue off poolside to changing room
* On the first day of term we carry out an ability assessment and continue with evaluation of each student. JEM will identify the best award scheme and skill level for each student to aim for. Progress is best achieved by small steps of attainment. This class skill set table can be helpful when deciding which JEM swim class or group to enrol in.
JEM Swim School's Stanley First Step Series is designed to teach children aged 3 years upwards to learn to swim. After completing the 7 steps of the Stanley First Steps Series, learners should progress to the Goldfish Series. JEM would recommend that Older children should learn to swim via the Octopus Series route for age appropiate reasons. JEM will evaluate and adjust as found necessary, no action is required when booking.